Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weekly Recap

So it's late on Thursday again, here I go with my big long weekly recap! I've learned a TON this week, it was kind of overwhelming the first few days but today it was starting to all make some more sense.

Here is what I have learned:

Reports- I was at work at 7:15 Monday Morning and learned all about our reports that we run to analyze sales (we run them every monday). Then I got to attend the best sellers meeting with our DMM! Later that day I took a few classes on how to use their business analyzing tools and some cool programs to run really fancy detailed reports. But more importantly I learned how to read them and what everything meant!

Price changes and promos- I looked at this a little bit but will learn the bulk of it next week.

Shipping and Logistics- We learned about this today. I got to see how we track shipments of merchandise, what to do when part of it doesn't book, and learned about the whole process that the DC goes through to get the merchandise out the door to the stores. Sounds boring but was actually pretty interesting!

PO Entry and Maintenence: We learned how to create, enter, transmit, maintain, update, cancel, and any other thing you can think of to purchase orders (POs). A good portion of my job revolves around these, so it was very important!

Those are the main things I learned, not too bad for only 4 days!!!

Tomorrow is a big day...my first paycheck, and I'm flying home to VA to see my boyfriend. AND my friend is getting MARRIED!!!!!! :)

Time for bed..I have an early flight. More updates next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job! It sounds as if your really going to be happy there. It's such a blessing when you have a job that you actually love going to.

LOVE your purple sofa!!!!!!

I hope you have many, many happy years there.

crazyboutcrochet